Thursday, October 2, 2014

Good Morning (almost afternoon for me!)  I made some #glutenfree and #dairyfree peanut butter cookies today.  They turned out really yummy.  Too bad there's not a scratch-and-sniff option here :)  They turned out darker than usual because this time I wanted to try #coconutsugar I'm trying to cut the traditional cane sugar out of my family's diet when possible.  I also used crunchy pb this time to try for a different texture.  The cookies turned out to be a really yummy gluten and dairy free dessert!  Here is the recipe that I came across some time ago from the internet:

2 egg whites, beaten stiff
1 cup sugar (of your choice)
1 cup pb

Beat egg whites until stiff and fluffy.  Add sugar and mix well.  Add peanut butter.  Roll into small balls and press with fork.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

This recipe was originally meant to be made with regular white sugar, so they turn out with a little different texture using coconut sugar.  I used to use brown sugar, and that turned out really good as well, but as I mentioned before, I'm trying to feed my family healthier things!
I would love to hear how yours turned out if you try the recipe, and feel free to share some gf or df recipes of your own!
Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment